*Upcoming special events*
- The League of Women Voters of Marquette County will hold a voter information session at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, October 3, in the library's Reading Room.
- The first meeting of the Caregiver/Child Book Club will meet at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, October 4, in the library. The first book is "Rise of the Earth Dragon" by Tracey West. This program is for elementary-age children and their accompanying adult.
- The first meeting of the Building Club will meet at 4:30 p.m. Thursday, October 5, in the library. Youth ages 5 and up are welcome to brainstorm ideas and build with LEGO and other interlocking bricks. This will be a weekly drop-in program (no registration required).
- The Marquette County Genealogical Society will hold a beginning workshop at 11 a.m. Tuesday, October 10, in the Reading Room. Registration is required; please call the library.
- The Marquette County Genealogical Society will hold an intermediate workshop at 11 a.m. Friday, October 13, in the Reading Room. Registration is required; please call the library.
- The League of Women Voters will hold a family-friendly event, "Hooked on Voting," from 9-11 a.m. Saturday, October 14, in the library.
*Community involvement* The Friends of the Negaunee Public Library are collecting recipes for a cookbook, which they will put together and sell as a fundraiser. Recipes of all varieties (all meals, snacks, special diets, etc.) are welcome, from all library patrons. Please email your favorite recipes to npl [at] negauneepl [dot] org , drop it off at the library, or send it via the United States Postal Service to Negaunee Public Library, PO Box 548, Negaunee, MI, 49866. Please include a phone number in case the Friends have questions about the recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you are attempting to log into Overdrive/Libby and get a message about your card expiring or not working, please call the library at (906) 475-7700 ext. 18. Your card likely just needs to be renewed.
We do not have a notary public on staff. Please contact your financial institution, or contact the Peter White Public Library, (906) 226-4301, for an appointment with their Finance Director Jamie Goodwin, who is a notary.
Snow days: The Negaunee Public Library does not close for inclement weather, unless it becomes extreme, and then the closure may only be at 4 p.m when City Hall closes for the day.
However, if Negaunee Public Schools close for inclement weather, all items that had been due that day will be advanced so no one has to worry about late fees.
All events are free to attend. Some events may include items being sold, such as at an author event or friends' book sale, or performers may ask for tips. The library only charges fees for printing, faxing, and copying; non-resident cards; and fines for overdue, lost, or damaged items.
|Jessica Holman||Library Director||(906) 475-7700 Ext. 18|